Saturday, March 5, 2011

Use The Force, Luke!

Thankfully, Counter Culture has titled this espresso in Italian, otherwise I would be making Star Wars puns every time I served a drink.

Since I'm new to this (I only really started thinking about espresso once I started working here in August), I don't have much to compare this to; only our previous blends, which leads me to say: This one is DARK.

Our notable past espressos have been the Mauritania Triple Process and the Valle Del Santuario SOE, both lighter and fruitier espressos. La Forza is markedly different, most notably in how it tastes in milk beverages (cappuccino, macchiatto, etc.). Whereas the brighter espressos had their fruit notes muted, with La Forza, the milk draws out the sweeter, "higher" flavors without obscuring the dark, full body of the espresso.

The Force will be with us... but not for much longer; we only have two bags of La Forza on hand, so come on in and try some before it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment